Having Troubles? Try Simplifying.

Part of the derivation for the formula E=mc2
Part of the derivation for the formula E=mc2
So often in life, simple approaches to a problem are the most effective.

In science, theories that solve problems are often evaluated by the test of "parsimony." Occam's razor states that one should try simpler theories until simplicty can be traded for greater explanatory power.

E=mc2 - pretty simple, right? But it explains a lot.

According to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, is ... 42. Humorous, maybe, but who knows? Maybe it is that simple.

When I'm having difficulty with a knotty problem, I look for ways to simplify my approach. Then, if I can, I keep simplifying. This usually leads to big improvements.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a "Rush" Woven Seat Chair Using Old Jeans (or Fabric Scraps)

Keep One Point

Kotsu-Kotsu