Precision

I need to work on precision in my playing.

Here's what I was told:
"When you arpeggiate the chord or play just some of the notes instead of playing all the notes at once, it sounds like a crappy cocktail pianist and makes it obvious that you don't actually know what the voicing is."

(I'm sure the actual words were much more friendly, compassionate and gentle but I got that message.)

The fact is, I'm sloppy.

  • I'm sloppy in my playing (all instruments)
  • I'm sloppy in my aikido technique
  • I'm sloppy in my speech, both in my enunciation and the words I use
  • I'm a sloppy knitter, cook and gardener, and probably a sloppy driver

On the positive side, I'm reasonably accomplished in all these things. Except maybe knitting. So I'm pretty sure that once I shine the beacon of my attention on this issue, if I shine it with some consistency, I will start to see progress in all areas, not just one. 

Well, maybe not the knitting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a "Rush" Woven Seat Chair Using Old Jeans (or Fabric Scraps)

Keep One Point

Kotsu-Kotsu